Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Juice of 4 limes (1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 red onion
- 10-15 chiles chiltepin (you can add more chiles if you want it to be spicier)
- 1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cucumber
- Optional Ingredients: 1- avocado and or 1-ripe mango
- Tortilla Chips, for serving
- Transfer shrimp to a shallow glass serving dish, arranging them in one layer as much as possible. Add 1/2 of the lime juice (about 1/2 cup), or enough to cover the shrimp. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, stir to dissolve, and refrigerate until ready to use.
Butterfly shrimp flat on cutting board by cutting each shrimp into two halves.
- Roast the chiles chiltepin, and blend with sea salt in a molcajete.
- Slice cucumber and red onion very thinly using a sharp knife. Chop cilantro
- Add your chiles chiltepin, cucumber, cilantro and onion (avocado and mango if you wish) to your shrimp and stir to combine. Let sit for a minimum of 30 minutes in the refrigerator, though you can also leave this mixed up to 4 hours.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 531Total Fat: 31.1 gSaturated Fat: 4.7 gTrans Fat: 0.0 gCholesterol: 285.8 mgSodium: 1,489.4mgCarbohydrates: 36.3 gNet Carbohydrates: 36.3gFiber: 13.1 gSugar: 7.5gProtein: 35.6g