Mediterranean Herb-Dusted Fish With Wilted Greens and Mushrooms
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 ½ cups sliced sweet onion
- 3 cups sliced fresh cremini mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tsp. Mediterranean herb mix (thyme, oregano, coriander, black pepper, cumin’s, paprika, and garlic).
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ salt
- 4 4-oz. cod, sole. Or tilapia fillet chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- In a large saucepan heat 1tbsp of the oil over medium. Add onion; cook 4 to 4 minutes or until translucent, stirring frequently. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook 4 to 6 minutes or until mushrooms start to brown, stirring occasionally. Add kale, tomatoes, and tsp. of the Mediterranean herb mix. Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until kale is wilted and mushroom are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in lemon juice, 1/4 and the salt. Remove from heat; cover and keep warm.
- Rinse fish; pat dry. Measure thickness of fish. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tsp. herb mix, and ¼ tsp. salt. In a 10-inch nonstick skillet heat the remaining 2 tbsp. oil over medium-high. Add fish; cook 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2 -inch thickness or until fish flakes easily.